Connect hp printer to WiFi with ease. You can also know how to reconnect a previously installed wireless printer to the network if you changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or purchased a new router.
When you change network settings such as the network name and password, you must also reconfigure the printer for those new settings. Below are the two ways to connect your printer to wifi:
Connecting Printer with Touch Screen Control Panel
Access the Wireless Setup Wizard through the printer control panel and thereby connecting the hp printer to WiFi.
- Touch the Wireless icon from home screen of your printer control panel or cPanel
- Touch the Setup icon.
- Restore Network Settings or Touch Restore Network Defaults, & then touch Yes to confirm your selection.
- When the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, & touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
The printer searches for available networks for Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi
- Touch the name of your wireless network
- If your wireless network is not visible in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, & type the name of your wireless network. Type the exact network name, including any uppercase & lowercase letters.
- Type WEP or WPA key (network password), & touch “Done”.
- If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.
Step 1: Connect the printer with WPS | Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi
Use your Wi-Fi protected set up to connect a printer to the wireless network
- Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet. If the router does not support the Wi-Fi protected setup, skip to the next step for connecting the printer to the HP smart app.
- Turn on the printer. If your printer is in sleep mode, press the cancel button on cPanel
- On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash. For the HP Tango printers: Press & hold the Wireless & Power buttons on the back of the printer for about 5 seconds. You would see edge lightning flashes blue to indicate the printer is in WPS mode.
- On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started. The printer does not search for the WPS connection for about 2 minutes after the wireless button is pressed.
If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again. When printer connect with wireless network, blue wireless light again turns on