When your echo dot won’t connect to WiFi, there may be issues with your Wi-Fi updating, Wi-Fi network password selection, and add a network or anything. The echo dot is known to be the popular smart speaker that has fabric design. As a compact smart speaker, it can perfectly fit in small spaces.
With better speaker quality, you can enjoy the strong and powerful sound. The speaker lets you voice control of your music. Just ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms and better. But what if your echo dot is not connecting to the Internet? Things can go worse; all you got to do is just follow the below tactics for connecting echo dot with Wi-Fi.
Your Echo Dot requires an active Wi-Fi connection to speak, process your commands, and stream media. Initially, when your echo dot not connecting to WiFi, you need to plug your echo dot in a power outlet and open the Alexa app in it.
The echo dot can hook up to the dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) networks that use 802.11a / b / g / n standard. The echo dot does not join ad hoc networks fix echo dot won’t connect to wifi.
- Open the left navigation panel in the Alexa app and thus choose “settings.”
- Choose your device and thus choose “update Wi-Fi”. If you are adding a new device with your account, choose “set up a fresh device” instead.
- Press and hold the action button on your amazon echo first-generation device until the light ring turns into orange color. Your mobile will thus connect to your amazon echo first-generation device. You can see the list of available Wi-Fi networks appearing in the app.
- The Alexa app can call for you manually connecting your device to your amazon echo first-generation device through your Wi-Fi settings.
- Chose the Wi-Fi network and enter the network password. If you do not see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and chose “Add a network” or “re-scan”.
- Save your Wi-Fi Password to Amazon- you can see the saved Wi-Fi passwords during the setup is appearing automatically when you connect a new Alexa device to the same Wi-Fi network. The password is remembered if you switch between saved Wi-Fi networks.
- Connect with a Public Network- type the needed information if you are connecting to a public network that needs a web browser to sign in, like a hotel or school. The message can be of a pre-shared password, room number or just a button to accept conditions for using the network. This information cannot be saved to amazon. You can contact the echo dot technicians for more info.
- Chose to Connect- Immediately when your device connects with your Wi-Fi network, you will notice a verification message in the app, now you can easily use Alexa.
Dial the Echo Dot Technicians Today!
If you wish to resolve your echo dot won’t connect to WiFi issue, simply dial the toll-free support number of echo dot technicians
When your echo dot won’t connect to WiFi, it’s depressing as you cannot use the echo dot device properly and you cannot enjoy its functions. Your echo dot can fail to connect because of numerous reasons due to which all your comfort will turn into pain. For the most part, you won’t encounter any issues when using Amazon’s Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show or Echo Spot speakers. Out of the box, they are easy to set up and fit to deliver your recipes, sports score, weather reports, music and more.
As the technology is never going to be true and there will any error in it. Things can go awry with your echo and its built-in voice assistant Alexa. These are the five problems why your echo dot is not connecting to Wi-Fi and how to fix its errors. These are the tips if your echo dot is not connecting with your Wi-Fi:
Echo Dot not connecting to WiFi solved 2019 – devices can connect with dual-band Wi-Fi networks like 2.4ghz and 5ghz that use the 802.11a/b/g/n standard. The devices do not support ad hoc (peer-to-peer) networks.
Way 1- For Echo Devices with a Screen:
- If the light on your device is orange, your device’s Wi-Fi connection isn’t working as expected. You can see what Wi-Fi network you’re connected to by swiping down from the top of the screen, visit Settings & chose Network if Echo dot Won’t Connect to WiFi.
For all Echo Devices – Echo dot not connecting to wifi
- One reason why your echo dot won’t connect to WiFi is that you forget the echo dot password. Make clear that your network password is correct. In action you see a lock icon when you set up the network, the network password is needed. This password is not known as the amazon account password.
- Update the firmware of your modem hardware or router. Solve the Echo Dot not connecting to WiFi issue..
- Your router may use WPA+WPA2 for security. For resolving the connectivity issues, switch the router security type to either WPA2 or WPA only. If the router also has the privilege to set the type of encryption, set it to AES only.
Restart Your Echo Device and Network Hardware – Echo Dot Not Connecting to WiFi
- You can restart your Echo device, Internet modem, and/or router to resolve most Wi-Fi issues.
- Turn off your router and modem and then wait 30 seconds.
- Turn your modem on and wait for it to restart after this at echo dot technicians.
- Once you restart your modem, turn your router on and wait for it to restart.
- As your network hardware restarts, unplug the power adapter from the echo device for 3 seconds and plug it back.
echo dot not connecting to wifi 2019 fix – Try to connect to your Wi-Fi network again once you restart your echo device and network hardware.
Way 2- The Trouble with your Wi-Fi Password?
If you saved your Wi-Fi password to Amazon, but you later changed the password, you must re-enter your new Wi-Fi password for connecting again. You may save your updated Wi-Fi passwords to amazon’s account by re-running the compatible device by its Wi-Fi setup process. Once reconnected to your Wi-Fi network, your updated Wi-Fi password is automatically saved to Amazon if still Echo dot won’t Connect to WiFi.
Way 3-Reduce Wi-Fi congestion – echo dot not connecting to wifi
In case you have multiple devices on your Wi-Fi network, you can have inconsistent Wi-Fi performance. This is yet another reason why your echo dot is not connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Turn your device off if you are not using to free up the bandwidth on your network.
- Make your device closer to your router & modem if it’s blocked by an object.
- Make sure your device is away from the sources that are facing interference like baby monitors and microwave ovens.
- Connect with your routers 5 GHz Wi-Fi frequency band. Various Wi-Fi devices only connect with the 2.4ghz band. If various devices use this band on your network, your network speed may become slow. You may connect to a less congested 5ghz band for less interference and better range.
Way 5- Connect Echo Dot to Wi-Fi – if Echo Dot Not Connecting to WiFi
Your Echo Dot requires an active Wi-Fi connection to speak, process your commands, and stream media.
Before You Begin
- Plug your echo dot in the power outlet.
- Open the Alexa app.
Fix – echo dot won’t connect to wifi 2019. The echo dot connects with the dual-band Wi-Fi that has 2.4ghz or 5ghz networks that use the 802.11a/b/g/n standard. Your echo dot will not connect with your ad hoc networks.
- Open left navigation panel in the Alexa app and then chose settings.
- Choose your device and select update Wi-Fi. If you are adding a new device to your account, select set up a new device instead.
- Press and hold the action button on your amazon echo device until the light ring changes to orange. Your mobile will then connect with your amazon echo device. A list of available Wi-Fi networks appears in the app. Alexa app may ask you to connect your device to your amazon echo through Wi-Fi settings.
- Select your Wi-Fi network & enter the network password. In case you don’t see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down & chose to add a network or rescan. MAC address: If you want to add your Alexa device to your router’s list of approved devices then scroll down on the screen until you see mac address .
- This step is additional and can help you if your echo dot is not connecting to Wi-Fi, you can save your Wi-Fi password to Amazon. Any type of Wi-Fi passwords saved during the setup can automatically appear when you connect with a new Alexa device to the same Wi-Fi network. Remembering the password is easy as you can switch between the saved Wi-Fi networks.
Alexa echo dot won’t connect to wifi
- This is another optional step in case you could not be able to connect to a public network. You may enter the required information if you are connecting to a public network that needs a web browser to sign in as you do in a hotel or school. The information can be room number, pre-shared password or just a button for accepting the conditions for using the network.
- Select network, now you can use Alexa. As your echo dot has resolved the echo dot won’t connect to WiFi issue, you can select connect after your device is connected to your Wi-Fi network. You will get a confirmation message in the app.
Hope this works for you if in case you don’t understand why echo dot not connecting to WiFi then simply call at the toll-free number of echo dot technicians.