A Complete Solution for Ecobee Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Are you looking for a smart solution that can help in controlling and regulating the temperature of every room at your home sitting in one place? Well, then getting Ecobee is the best thing to do.
Once you set up the Ecobee thermostat you can easily regulate the temperature of your home on your fingertips using the app and voice control assistance.
If you are someone who enjoys comfort and convenience then Ecobee is surely your thing. It allows you to control the temperature and motion of every room using the remote system.
You can connect the Ecobee with the wi-fi network and regulate the temperature of every room sitting at one place. While if you are using Ecobee 3 then you can also use a remote-control sensor to regulate the Ecobee.
To use Ecobee you need to create an account. Then you need to connect the Ecobee with the SmartThings. However, many times you may experience problems like Ecobee not connecting to wi-fi.
If there is a problem with the network then you may have to face this issue. If this issue is not resolved by following the troubleshooting solutions then you must get in touch with the Ecobee technical support team for help and guidance.
Quick Fixes to Resolve Ecobee Not Connecting to Wi-Fi Issue
For the Ecobee device to work properly it must be connected to an active wi-fi network connection. So, make sure the network is stable otherwise the device will not work properly.
Though without using the wi-fi network the Ecobee device will work as a traditional thermostat. But to use various features of the thermostat it must be connected to a stable network connection.
Though you can skip the wi-fi network configuration while completing the set up for the Ecobee. However, skipping this step will not allow you to complete the registration process and hence you won’t be able to create an account.
If you skip the wi-fi configuration step then you will not be able to enjoy some of the highlighting features of the Ecobee thermostat like weather data, Home IQ, Alexa, HomeKit, pairing smart Sensor, and more.
But if you have completed the wi-fi configuration for the Ecobee thermostat. And are still seeing Ecobee not connecting to wi-fi issue then there are a couple of things that you can try to resolve this issue.
Usually, this problem occurs because of the problem in the wi-fi signals so try improving the signal strength.
- If the distance between the devices is more then you may experience an issue while using the thermostat.
- Try moving the router closer to the router to fix the problem.
- Many times, the wi-fi signals get absorbed, refracted, and redirected because of obstacles like walls, objects, furniture.
- So, try moving the objects to improve the strength of the signal.
- If the signal is interfered with by the nearby wireless network then it may show Ecobee not connecting to the wi-fi problem.
- Check the firmware of the router and make sure it is updated to the latest version.
- Updating the firmware often helps in improving the signal strength.
- If the wi-fi problem occurs after power failure then try rebooting the router to fix the issue.
- Unplug the router and then wait for a few seconds. Then plugin and check if the issue is fixed.
These are some of the ways and methods that you can try to improve the signal strength of the wi-fi network.
However, many times Ecobee not connecting to the wi-fi issue also occurs if the Ecobee thermostat is not updated. So here is what you need to do.
- Go to the settings menu on the app and then select the software update option.
- Check for any update required.
- Once the update is done go to the settings and then choose the network.
- If you are unable to update the firmware software then get in touch with the support team for help.
These are the solutions that you can follow to resolve Ecobee not connecting to the wi-fi problem. However, if the problem persists then you must get in touch with the Ecobee support team for more information and to resolve the issue immediately.
The technicians will guide you step by step to fix the problem so that you can enjoy using the Ecobee back again.