Are you tired of interrupted Wi-Fi network at your home? Well, interrupted Wi-Fi network can be quite frustrating to handle and it can be very annoying to handle. But that is not the scenario when you have to get the Google Wi-Fi network.
If you need a seamless Wi-Fi network then getting a Google Wi-Fi is a great option. However, there are certain things that you need to know about Google Wi-Fi before purchasing it. Besides, you also need to know the steps for setting up Google Wi-Fi.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss in detail about Google Wi-Fi. So, there are a few things that you need to know let us start from the beginning here.
All About Google Wi-Fi: Things you Need to Know
Everybody wants to have a reliable and high-speed wi-fi connection at there homes. However, does every wi-fi connection provide you with that? Certainly no, despite the claims. However, that is not the same for Google Wi-fi.
It provides you a reliable seamless connection so that you can enjoy using the network at any time and from any corner of the house. Google Wi-Fi is designed to meet up with your Wi-Fi requirements so that you can enjoy a seamless network.
What can you do with Google Wi-Fi?
Here are some of the most interesting things that you can do when you complete the Google Wi-Fi setup.
- Google Wi-Fi is nothing but a home mesh network that is unlike your traditional network router. It provides reliable network coverage throughout the premises. However, you will still need a network connection and a modem to connect to your home network.
- You can complete the setup for several Google wi-fi devices to allow your devices to connect to the network at any time and from any corner of the home.
- Google Wi-Fi works on a mesh network. All you need to do is create a mesh network through Google Wi-Fi points, that can create a strong network connection around your home.
- It ensures you get strong wi-fi signals and the fastest bandwidth at every corner of your home. As a result, you get the fastest bandwidth around your home and you can stream without any interruption.
What do you need for Setting up Google Wi-Fi?
While you are trying to complete Google Wi-Fi setup there are a few things that you would need. You would at least one Google wifi point and an ethernet cable connection. Here are the things that you need to set up Google Wi-Fi.
- Modem: You need to know that Google Wi-Fi is a router and not a modem. So that is why you need to connect to the primary Google Wi-Fi point with the modem using an ethernet cable connection. Other wi-fi points are wireless but you need to connect them to a power source.
- You would need a broad connection with the Internet Service Provider.
- A Google account.
- A Google wi-fi app on your Android and Ios devices.
- An ethernet cable for connecting primary Google Wi-Fi points.
- A power adapter for establishing the Wi-Fi points.
Steps for Setting Up Google Wi-Fi
Here are the steps that you need to take to complete Google Wi-Fi set up.
Find the Wi-Fi Point for the Set-Up
The primary Wi-Fi point needs to be set up to create a primary wi-fi point that needs to be connected with the modem. If possible try placing the Wi-Fi point at a higher position so that there is no interference.
Plugin the Primary Wi-Fi Point
- Now connect the ethernet cable that came with the setup to the WAN port of the Google Wi-Fi points. Now you need to connect the other end with the modem.
- Now, plugin the Google Wi-Fi points to a power source. Now, you will be able to see a blue light flashing on the Google Wi-Fi. It is an indication that the wi-fi is about starting the process of setting up Google Wi-Fi. Make sure to place the Wi-Fi points at a higher position and a place where the network gets a seamless connection. Open space tends to receive a better network connection.
Download the Google Wi-Fi App
- Download the Google Wi-Fi app on your Android or Ios device.
- Open the app on the Play Store or App Store and then install it on your device.
- Now, you will be prompted to complete the sign in for your Google Account.
Search and then Connect the Google Wi-Fi Points
- Now, open the Google Wi-Fi app on your device and follow the guidelines to connect to the internet.
- The app will start looking for Google Wi-Fi points. Now, you will be prompted to complete the scanning of the QR code located below each Wi-Fi point. Now, your phone or device will automatically get connected to Google Wi-Fi.
Use the App to select the Wi-Fi Points and Location
Now you need to choose a location on the app and label it so that you can locate it later as well. Once you are done with it tap on the ‘next’ option.
Google Wi-Fi Setup
- When prompted create a name for your Wi-Fi network and then tap on the ‘next’ option.
- Now, you need to set a strong password for your network.
Setup Other Wi-Fi points
If you have more than one Google Points in your home then you need to set up as well. Follow the same step to complete the setup for additional Wi-Fi points.
Review the Network Connection
After setting up Google Wi-Fi you will then see a complete overview of the network that you have set and the wi-fi points that you have established.
Installing the Software
Once the Google Wi-Fi points are setup the app will start installing the software. It includes the latest features and updates. It can take up a few minutes and then the setup will be complete.
These are some of the things that you need to complete the Google Wi-Fi setup. However, in case you are facing any issue then get help from the experts. They will guide an assist you in resolving the issue so that you can set up the wi-fi immediately and enjoy a seamless network connection.