How to Recall an Email in Outlook
The Quickest & Easiest Way to How to Recall an Email in Outlook
How to recall an email in outlook-It can be quite embarrassing to send a wrong message, email without any attachment, or simply an email to the wrong person. It has happened with all of us at some point in time. But often times it can be quite an embarrassing situation as well especially if you do it professionally. But Outlook comes with a feature that recalls the email, simple changes the message. But first, you need to learn how to recall an email in outlook.
An outlook is an email software under Microsoft that allows you to send and receive the emails. You can access the Outlook when you purchase Microsoft package. The program comes with an amazing set of features that are not available in the free version.
So, once you start using Outlook you will be able to utilize all of the features of the Microsoft Outlook. However, the most amazing feature of the Outlook is that it allows you to recall an email.
In this blog, we will help you understand the steps to how to recall email in Outlook.
Here are Things You Need to Know to Recall an Email in Outlook
The recall feature in Outlook allows you to recall the email saving you a lot of embarrassment. However, before learning how to recall an email in Outlook there are many things that you need to learn and keep in mind.
- The first thing that you need to know about recalling an email on Outlook is that you can only recall a mail if you and the receiver of the mail are using Office 365.
- Another thing about the recall feature that if the email has been opened then you will not be able to recall the email.
- The mailbox of the recipient must be open while you are proceeding to recall the mail.
A Quick Guide on How to Recall an Email in Outlook
Now, that you know the requirements of the recall feature on the Outlook you can understand how to recall an email in Outlook in a better way.
- Open your Outlook and then go to the menu to open sent messages.
- Double click on the mail that you would like to recall or you can open the message in some other window.
- Then open the message option and then navigate down to select the option recall the message.
- Now you will have to choose one of the options. The first option is “delete the unread copies the message to recall the message”. The other option is to “delete the unread message and replace it with a new one”.
- If you want to notify yourself then select ‘notify me’ if the recall is successful or fails with a message.
- Then choose the ok option.
- If you select the second option then you can replace the message with the new one.
- Then choose the option to send the message.
- You will get a notification if the recall was successful or if it fails.
These are the steps that you need to follow to learn about how to recall an email on Outlook. But if you are facing any difficulty while accessing the recall option or if the recall is failing on the Outlook then do not worry. Get in touch with the technical support team for assistance.
What Happens when you Recall the Mail on Outlook?
Once you learn how to recall email on Outlook then you need to understand what really happened once you use the recall feature. So, whether the recall will be successful or fail depends upon the settings of the recipient and whether the recipient has read the mail or not. Here we are going to discuss the results when you perform how to recall an email on Outlook steps.
- So, you need to understand that if the recipient you have sent the mail has read the mail, then the recall will fail. You will get this notified through an mail.
- If you send the new recall message and the recipient opens the recall message before the first message, then the first message will be automatically be deleted.
- If the recipient has enabled the process request and responses on arrival. And the recipient has not read the message but you happen to delete it then the recipient will be notified about the deletion of the mail.
- But, on the other side of the recipient reads the message and you still perform the steps for how to recall email on Outlook. Then the recipient will be notified that you want to delete the message.
These are some of the things that you need to know about the recall feature on Outlook. Long story short, there are some things that you need to know about the Outlook recall feature. If the Recall fails then there must be one of the criteria mentioned above that is resulting in recall failure. So, do not worry you can get help from the technicians to resolve the issue.
Get in Touch with the Experts
The outlook is an amazing app that comes with Microsoft suite. It allows you to send mails without any hassle. It is easy to recall a message on the Outlook if it fulfills the criteria. However, if you are facing any problem while accessing the recall feature on Outlook or if the recall fails then do not worry. The Outlook offers you a recall feature that allows you to delete, resend the sent mail. But if you are facing any difficulty while accessing the feature then get help from the experts.
Microsoft experts have the knowledge and experience to resolve your problem. They will also guide you in understanding why the recall fails and what you need to do about it. They will guide and assist you in navigating the issues with the recall feature so that you can fully utilize the Microsoft Outlook without any hassle. Get in touch with the Outlook support team for help and support to know how to recall an email on Outlook.