If you want know how to reset echo dot then reset your old or new echo dot device, simply just follow the guide. It’s the easiest one for those who are looking for a genuine solution to the internet. There are many reasons why you can use the echo dot speakers. The echo dot is made for any room, you can place it in the bedroom or the kitchen.
With your echo dot, you can voice control of your music and smart home. You can call anyone hands-free with the help of your echo dot. Having enjoyed all the features of echo dot, you need to reset the echo dot somewhere in time. Let’s describe you the ways to reset the echo dot for 3 different generations.
In this blog, we have covered the steps that you need to follow how to reset Echo Dot. However, if you are facing any problem while resetting the Echo Dot do not panic. Get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Echo Dot speakers are one of the best in the market. They not only offer superb sound quality but also come with added features that make your entire experience with the smart speakers beyond imagination. The voice control virtual assistants allow you to control the smart devices, get weather updates, traffic and news updates, listen to music and do so much more with it. They come at a pretty reasonable price so you do not have to worry about paying way too much.
However, if you are facing any issue with the Echo Dot then do not panic. It is quite common to experience problems with the speakers. Whether you want to resolve an issue with the Echo Dot or want to sell it, you will have to reset Echo Dot. Resetting the Echo Dot means changing the settings of the Echo Dot to the default settings, which is exactly how you purchased it.
In this blog, we will help you understand the steps that you need to follow to complete and learn how to reset Echo Dot.
If you are facing any difficulty in resetting the Echo Dot then get in touch with the experts for help and assistance.
So, here we are going to discuss the steps that you need to follow to complete the reset for the Echo Dot. Make sure to follow these steps one by one.
Deregistering the Echo Dot
The first step that you need to take while trying to reset Echo Dot is to deregister the Echo Dot. Open the Alexa app and then go to the settings option. Then select the device settings options and select the device that needs to be reset which is Echo Dot. Then select the option to deregister.
This is an important step because once you deregister the Echo Dot the device can be registered again to other Amazon account.
Resetting steps for Echo Dot varies depending upon the generation of Echo Dot you are using.
For the first-generation Echo Dot press and hold the reset button using a pin or a paper clip. Wait as the device will turn off and then turn on again. Once the light ring turns orange, the Echo Dot will enter the setup mode. Once everything is done the reset process is complete.
For second-generation Echo Dot, press and hold the volume down button and the microphone off button for 20 seconds or more. Now, the light will turn orange and enter the setup mode.
For third-generation Echo Dot, press and hold the action button for 20-30 seconds. The light ring will turn orange and enter the setup mode.
Things That You Can Do with Echo Dot
Echo Dot is one of the best devices by Amazon. You can do so much with it. It is fun and very entertaining at the same time. The Echo Dot is easy to set up and you can use it very easily.
Listen to music: One of the best features of the Echo Dot is that it allows you to listen to music without any hassle. You get Primes music and all of the music that you have purchased using the Amazon account. You can also link music apps with Echo Dot and enjoy listening to your playlist.
Make a to-do-list: You can make a to-do-list by asking Alexa for help. It is even more fun and convenient to ask Alexa to read it for you.
Ask questions and make interesting conversations: If you need any update or answer to a question you can get it done using the Echo Dot. You can ask Alexa various questions and be ready to get an answer for it.
These are some of the most basic things that you can do with Echo Dot. However, if you are facing any issue while using the speakers understand and learn how to reset Echo Dot.
How to Reset Echo Dot?The Amazon Echo Dot is an amazing smart speaker that simply makes everything easy for you in a very smart way. The speakers use the best technology to control your home in the best possible way. In fact, the third-generation Echo Dot has the ability to use to control your home and set routines, even when you are not physically present to give the command. The Echo device has dozens of information stored in it and performs so many activities for you.
However, if you want to learn about how to reset Echo Dot, then we have a complete guide for you. If you are planning to sell your Echo Dot or simply if it is not working then a quick reset can be very helpful. All you need to do is perform a reset and all of the data from the Echo Dot device will be restored to the original settings.
So, if you are planning to reset the Echo Dot then here, we have a complete step by step guide for you. However, if you are facing any issue while following the reset for Echo Dot then get in touch with the technicians for support.
Deregister the Echo Dot
If you want to sell the Echo Dot then you will have to perform a reset. To start with, the first thing that you need to do is to deregister the Echo Dot from the Alexa account. For completing this you need to open the Alexa app on the mobile phone and then open the settings option after that open the device settings. Then select the Echo Do that you want to deregister from the Alexa account.
Deregistering the Echo Dot from the account means that you are removing the Echo Dot from the Amazon account. This means that now the Echo Dot can be registered to some other Amazon account.
Reset the Echo Dot
For first-generation Echo Dot, you will have to get the paper clip. Press/hold the reset button on the Echo Dot using the paper clip and wait till the Echo Dot is turned off. This shall turn the Echo Dot ring to an orange color and a setup mode. For the second-generation Echo Dot press/hold the volume down button and wait. For second-generation Echo Dot, press and hold the action button for 10-20 seconds.
If you own a first-generation Echo Dot then you must know that resetting it is quite easy and just takes a few seconds.
- Plugin the Echo Dot and wait for the device to turn on.
- Now, check out the Echo Dot from below you will find a reset button.
- You need to use a pin or a paper clip that can press and hold the reset button until it turns orange.
- Now, the Echo Dot will restart again. Wait as the Echo Dot will now undergo a setup.
- Now, you can use the Alexa app to complete the setup of the Echo Dot and connect it with the network.
In the second generation of Echo Dot, you do not have to perform a factory reset by using a paper clip but it can be done in a lot easier way.
- Plugin the second generation of the Echo Dot.
- Press/hold the volume down button on the Echo Dot. Wait till the light turn orange and then blue.
- Then release the button and wait until the Echo Dot restarts. Now, the light will turn orange indicating the device has entered the setup mode.
- You can now connect the Echo dot with the network using the Alexa app and complete the setup.
When it comes to third-generation Echo Dot the reset process is quite different. You can follow these steps to complete the reset for the third generation of Echo Dot.
- Press/hold the action button on the Echo Dot for at least 30 seconds. This step will turn the ruing to orange and then blue in color.
- Wait until the ring turns off and then on. This will again turn the ring to an orange color.
- Try connecting the Echo Dot with the Wi-Fi and then complete the registration of the Echo Dot generation 3 on the Amazon account.
There are three important generations of echo dots and you must know them and know the procedure to reset all of them to do your reset work. Let’s know the program to get the process of resetting all the types of echo dots.
- Way to Reset the Echo Dot 3rd Generation
Third generation of echo dot is what you need to reset? Then with this guide, you can easily do that. As you know that with the latest generation device, you can use the device in all rooms and your device will voice control your music. Voice control your music with echo dot in an easy way.
Alexa is getting smarter day by day, the more you use echo dots third generation, the more it adapts your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal desires. You can connect echo dot easily and update will occur easily.
With amazon echo dot third generation, you can call anyone easily with your voice and with the hands-free approach. Alexa app is used on platforms like android, iOS, fire OS and desktop browsers. It’s easy to setup and manage your echo dot.
- To Reset Echo Dot Third Generation-To reset your Echo device, press and hold the Action button for 25 seconds.
- Way to Reset the Echo Dot 2nd Generation
If you want to reset echo dot second generation, you can get the right procedure to do that in this blog. Echo dot can provide you limited preview of amazon prime music on your echo device, voice shopping on millions of products and free shipping on your voice orders at no added cost.
- To Reset an Echo Dot 2nd Generation-To reset your Echo device, press and hold the Microphoneoff and Volume down buttons at the same time. Just wait until the light ring turns into orange color for about 20 seconds.
- Way to Reset the Echo Dot 1st Generation
Amazon echo dot can do anything that can be done with basic echo dots. You can plug the echo dot inside your speakers or connect the echo dot with the help of Bluetooth. If you are not able to do so, echo can do same as the little speakers can do as well. You may use them in a silent environment as well.
To Reset Echo Dot First Generation-
To reset your Echo device, use a paper clip (or similar tool) to press and hold the Reset button. Simply wait for the light ring to turn off and on again.
Don’t forget to call at the toll-free support number of echo dot technicians for getting solution how to reset echo dot.
Amazon offers highly affordable Echo Dot speakers that offer top-quality features. If your Echo Dot is not working properly or is simply unresponsive then you need to know how to Reset Echo Dot. However, the reset process depends on which generation Echo Dot you are using. The good thing about the Echo Dot is that it can be reset and that will permanently delete the data in your Echo Dot.
In this blog, we will help you in resetting the Echo Dot so that you can reset the Echo Dot on your own.
As mentioned earlier, to resetting Echo Dot you need to consider the generation. Here is a brief description of the reset.
- To reset first-generation Echo Dot, you can use a paper clip to press and hold the reset button. This step will turn off the light ring and then it will turn on.
- To reset second-generation Echo Dot, you need to press and hold the Microphone off while also pressing the volume down button simultaneously. You need to wait until the light ring is orange in color. This shall take around 20-30 seconds.
Now, let us discuss in detail about the steps for how to reset Echo Dot.
- The first step is to press and hold the reset button. This shall turn the light ring to orange first and then to blue. Also, note that the reset button is different on first- and second-generation Echo Dot.
- For second-generation Echo Dot, you need to hold the Microphone off button and then press the volume down button simultaneously.
- Now, the light ring will turn off and on again. Once the light ring turns orange it will turn the device into setup mode. If you want to use the device then you will have to connect it with the wi-fi and the Amazon Account.
Once you reset the Echo Dot, it is ready to be sold. However, if you want to use it again then you need to connect the Echo with the Amazon account. Follow these steps for more information on the same.
- Go to the Alexa app on the device. Now, sign in the app by entering the email address and the correct password for the Amazon Account.
- Then go to the top left side and select the option icon.
- Then choose Alexa devices option available. Now, you will see the list of Alexa devices and another option to add the devices.
- Then select add Alexa devices here.
- Now, press and hold the action button in the Echo Dot. Wait until the light of the ring is orange. Now, you will see a list of Wi-fi network options available.
- Then, select the wi-fi network you want to connect.
- Now, select the connect option on the Alexa app. This shall connect your Echo Dot and you can use it now.
These are some of the most basic steps that you can follow to reset Echo Dot. However, make sure to check which generation Echo Dot you are resetting. If you are unable to reset the Amazon Echo Dot or are unable to connect it to the wi-fi network. Then get help from the experts. You can get in touch for support
Check the problem is solved or not. You can restart your device unplug the power adapter from the back of the device or wall outlet. Now plug the power adapter back in. this the start process.
You are aware of the smart echo dot speaker, maybe from commercial or at any store but why you want to buy this little guy? Let us tell you what amazon echo dot Reset does in detail. This question may pop up in any one’s mind.
What Echo Dot do or not do?
How to reset echo dot 2019 solution -Everyone is familiar with the famous amazon echo speaker all thanks to Amazon major shopping ventures on web and TV. In short, the Echo is a smart assistant powered by Alexa that lets you order items from Amazon, play music, ask questions, set timers, look up recipes, control your smart home — and more. Oh, it’s also a pretty high-quality speaker system for your tunes, to answer those questions, etc.
Reset Echo dot does all the jobs which echo speaker do but echo is not the better speaker than echo dot. Many tiny speakers are not good enough when it comes to the audio part.
Features of Echo Dot
- Rich Sound: Most popular voice control speaker echo dot comes with fabric design and improved speaker for a rich and loud sound.
- Voice controls your music: Stream music from Amazon Prime Music, iTunes, and Spotify – just ask for a song, artist, or genre.
- Bigger, Better Sound: You can pair your echo dot with second echo dot and it provides you the rich and stereo sound. You can fill your home with music with compatible echo devices over different rooms.
- Alexa is ready to help you, ask her to play music, answer questions, check the weather, set alarms, read the news, control smart home devices and more. How to reset Echo Dot is designed around your privacy. Press the mic off button for disconnecting the microphones.
- Connect with others: Call or message to anyone who has the Alexa app or Echo device with simply hands-free. Use Alexa to make Skype calls.
- Use another speaker: Connect to your speakers over Bluetooth or with a 3.5mm audio cable.
- Alexa has skills: Alexa always gets smarter and better with new features and skills like playing games, booking cabs and more.
- Voice controls your smart home: Control lights, plugs and more with compatible connected devices.
The echo dot has three models. One is the first generation model as the echo dot first-generation another one is echo dot 2nd generation and echo dot 3rd generation. Echo support will tell you about every model’s reset procedure of How to reset Echo dot to you. Let’s get closer to this:
- Echo Dot (3rd Generation)
For resetting your echo device, press and hold the action button for twenty-five seconds.
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
For reset your echo device – Amazon, press & hold the mic off & volume down buttons at the same time. Wait till the light ring goes orange.
- Echo Dot (1st Generation)
For resetting your echo device, use a paper clip to press & hold the reset button. Wait for a light ring to turn off & on again.
What is a Factory Reset? What does a Factory Reset do?
How to Reset Echo dot – The factory reset is a built-in feature that is given by most device makers that use software to automatically erase the information stored on the internal memory of the device. This is known as a factory reset because the process returns the device to form it was originally when it left the factory.
This reset all device settings as well as the applications & stored memory and its typically done to fix major operating system issues and other errors. You can simply do this when you don’t know how to reset the echo dot.
If we were to find a good analog, perhaps the best comparison would be in the form of a “drive reformat”. Same way reformatting a drive return to basic, so the factory reset the device to its standard form.
The Benefits of a Factory Reset Echo dot – Amazon
What are the benefits of a factory reset? One benefit is that it’s easy. Simply select the button & erase the device. It’s hard sometimes because you need to select the setting in every step.
Additionally, factory reset Echo dot can be done remotely. Every device with the enterprise layer includes some form of remote wiping that can be triggered either as a matter of policy or directly, i.e. meeting certain conditions (like a lost device). This means a lost or stolen item containing data in local storage is no longer a danger.
The factory reset comes in play regarding data management. In other systems than echo dot, when a device begins to have issues, many troubleshooting steps may need to be taken and how to manage the data is even more difficult. On a device with a factory reset, it’s as simple as a quick backup and erases – completely easy.
Still not clear about how you can reset your echo dot? Then you can simply call us by visiting our website Echo Support. we are available 24 hours and 7 days for your service and we will pick you to call for your welfare. Simply tell us about your device issue and let us diagnose that for you. Call us today!
We hope you are finding it easy to solve your reset issue of echo dot. Don’t forget to comment down and tell us about the blog. We would love to read your comments. Echo Support has years of experience in different gadgets like echo dot, apple TV, fire stick, Roku and more. Don’t forget to visit us in any case
Get Help from the Technical Support Team
If the steps mentioned above are unable to help you with the factory reset then do not worry. Get in touch with the technical support team for Echo Dot. The experts will guide you on how to reset Echo Dot. So, that you can complete the entire steps without any hassle. Contact now!