How to Setup Netgear Router
How to set up the Netgear Router-In a world where the internet has become one of the most important things, it is very important to have a high-speed internet connection. And that is where the Netgear Router comes into places.
Unlike any other router available in the market the Netgear router aims at providing the fastest wireless router. The Netgear routers are known for their high speed and performance, so it is the best option for anyone who needs a good internet connection. The routers are easy to set up and are very reliable.
So, if you are planning to get Netgear Router then great choice there but you will first have to learn how to set up the Netgear Router. In this blog, we are going to cover the steps that you need to follow to complete the setup for the Netgear router. You will need a computer or a laptop to set up the router.
How to Setup Netgear Router? Complete the Installing Steps
While trying to setup Netgear router first of all you need to install the Netgear router. This just takes a few steps to complete.
- Use an ethernet cable to plug in the modem with the internet port of the Netgear router.
- Turn on the modem and wait for the lights to get stable.
- Also, turn on the router and wait until the lights are turned on.
- Now, open the wireless device and search for the network name of the Netgear router.
- Then select the network and enter the details when asked for the same.
- Now, go to a web browser using your PC or mobile phone.
- Then open the Netgear router login.
- You must know that by default the username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’.
- Then follow the steps to complete the setup for the Netgear router.
How to Setup Netgear Router? Step by Step
So, are you trying to complete the setup for the Netgear router? Then do not worry as we have a step by step guidelines that you can follow to complete the setup.
- Use an ethernet cable connection to connect the modem with the router. Also, make sure the connections are not loose
- In the next steps connect the device with the Netgear router.
- Now, restart all of the devices in use. For example, the router, modem and the device.
- Then, go to a web browser and then open the Netgear login page.
- You will be directed to a login window where you need to enter the credentials.
- You need to enter the by default username and password. If you are unable to complete the login then this means that you have changed the username and the password.
- You can get in touch with the Netgear router technical experts to seek help if you are unable to log in or complete the setup for the Netgear router.
- Once you complete the login for the Netgear router you will be directed to the installation wizard. You can see online instruction about how to set up a Netgear router. Then click in the next button to complete the setup.
- However, if you are planning to set up the Netgear router using the mobile devices then install the Netgear genie app and then proceed further with the same steps as mentioned above.
How to Setup Netgear Router? Most Common Issues
Once you are done doing all the steps but still the setup just won’t complete then this means there is a problem or maybe you are not completing the steps properly. You can try these basic tips that can help you in fixing the problem.
- Disconnect the modem and the router and then try reconnecting it again.
- Then again access the Netgear login page. However, if it is still inaccessible then check the internet connection.
- If you are connecting through a wired network then check the port. Try using another port to see if the problem is with the port or something else.
- If you are using wireless connections then check the adapter and see if it is working properly.
- If the LED lights on the router are not working properly then restart the router.