HP printer error 49 is a communication error code on the HP printer and it’s hard to troubleshoot such error. It observed that only a few printers cause this type of error.
These errors are temporary errors which clear with a simple reboot. These are the tips for resolving the 49-error code in HP LaserJet Printer.
Issue of this Error | HP printer error 49
A 49.WX. YZ error message displays on the control panel of an HP LaserJet Enterprise or HP Page Wide Enterprise printer with HP Future Smart firmware, where 49 indicates a firmware communication error, and W, X, Y, and Z are variable values.
HP generally tests the printer firmware before releasing its printers in the market so customers don’t get 49 errors in their printers. Typical end-users will rarely encounter one.
A 49 Error can be Intermittent or Persistent:
· Intermittent 49 errors – Occur only part of the time with the printer alternating between functioning correctly for some time and then not functioning again. These errors are typically cleared by turning the printer off, and then on.
· Persistent 49 errors – Occur repeatedly after one or more attempts to solve the issue. These errors will not clear after turning the printer off, and then on.
Cause of this Error
HP printer error number 49 occurs when printer attempt to behave like the firmware is not capable of performing or might not be designed to handle. E.g.:
· Printing files that include unsupported printer commands
· Interfacing with third party solution which is not designed to work with the printer.
· Timing, network traffic, or concurrent processing of jobs in a specific environment
The Solution of HP Printer Error 49
1. Turn the printer off, and then on (power cycle).
2. If the error persists, print an Event Log to verify how often the error occurs. A frequency of one-time per week or less is not a cause for alarm and is similar in severity to an infrequent paper jam. The errors will not harm the printer.
3. If the error occurs more than one time per week, make sure Auto Recovery is enabled using either the control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Auto recovery feature is generally enabled in the printers but in rare situations when occurs in HP printer then this allows the printer to power cycle automatically and recover from without interaction.
a. Open the following menus:
a. FutureSmart 3: Administration > Management
b. FutureSmart 4: Settings > General
b. Select the Auto Recovery option.
c. Select Enabled and then select Save.
If this solves the error and the error does not reoccur, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.
· If the error clears and then reoccurs again at a later date, follow the steps below for Intermittent 49 errors.
· If the hp printer error 49 is not clear, Call us at our toll-free number. We are HelpTechLine, world leading technical support company providing you the best services regarding technical support. Visit our website helptechline.com