HP Printer Setup is as easy as setting up your new laptop or smartphone. And if you are among those who will some issue related to this, then follow the below connection process to get the idea of how you can set up your printer easily. But this one goes for HP buyers only.
Connecting Your Wireless Printer for HP Printer Setup Process:
- Unbox your printer.
- Follow setup instructions to remove the packaging of your device.
- Plugin the power cord, turn on the printer & install the print cartridges. Let your printer follow the automatic setup process.
- Choose one of the connection methods described below. If your printer supports it & you choose an Ethernet (wired) connection, connect it now & skip to installing the printer software. Make sure that while using an Ethernet connection, the printer’s wireless system is disabled.
Installing Printer Software
We HelpTechLine recommend you to download the software for your printer & computer because once you set up your printer, you will need software too. Select the software which is for both computer and printer.
The computer you are installing the printer software on must be connected to the same network you are connecting the printer to.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you are prompted for the Connection Type.
- Choose either “network”, “through the network” or wireless when asked.
- The wording will depend on the version of the software you are installing.
- In a few cases, the software may find your wireless settings automatically
- Follow onscreen instruction for finishing the installation of your printer
If you connected the printer to network & install the software, the printer will be discovered in the installation phase. Remember you must use the same network for printer and computer if you install the software.
There may be times when the software will find difficulty in the network. If this thing happens, you need to do an advanced search for the printer using printers assigned IP address. You can find the IP address by wireless network test report or network configuration page.
The printers which have displays, IP address will show on display screen when the wireless icon is pressed.
If this is your first installation of the printer without display and you use USB setup of the wireless method, the software won’t find the printer on network & you will be prompted to create a wireless connection for printer.
Your USB cable will let you connect temporarily between printer and computer. Don’t connect the USB till software instruct you. There must be the same network of computers and printer.