Netflix not working on Apple TV-Netflix is surely the most loved streaming app available right now. The streaming service allows you to watch the most interesting content whether you want to watch the latest TV shows or your all-time favorite movies.
Talking about Apple TV, it is yet another amazing device that allows you to stream the content available on Netflix without any hassle. Ever since Netflix got available on Apple TV, it is even easier for the users to watch the content on the app. However, if you are facing Netflix not working on Apple TV then do not worry as you can fix this issue quickly.
Though Netflix streaming service is not supported on Apple TV it is very common for the users to experience a problem with the Netflix app on the Apple TV. But the good news is that you are not alone many people have to go through the same issue.
In this blog, we are going to cover the solutions that you can follow to resolve Netflix not working on the Apple TV issue.
Check the Wi-Fi Connection
As we all know to stream the content available on the Netflix app you need to have a fast internet connection. So, if you are experiencing any problem while streaming Netflix on the Apple TV then the first thing that you need to be doing is to check the wi-fi network. So, make sure to check the router and the modem, double-check if they are not accidentally turned off.
- Open the home screen of Apple TV.
- Now, navigate to the settings option. Then select the network.
- Then go to the connection option and see if it is showing connected or not.
Restart the Apple TV
Yes, restarting the Apple TV can help in fixing many issues. So, if you are facing Netflix not working on Apple TV then this problem can be resolved by restarting the device.
- First of all, take out the plug of the Apple TV and also the TV it is plugged in.
- Then wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in both the devices.
- Turn on the Apple TV and the TV.
- Then check the NETFLIX app and see if it is working properly or not.
Update the Apple TV
Another reason why the Netflix app may not be working on Apple TV can be because the Apple TV needs to be updated. If the software is outdated then it can result in an issue with the proper working of the app. Maybe the firmware is outdated and that is the reason Netflix not working on Apple TV.
- Open the home screen of Apple TV.
- Now, go to the settings option and then select the system option. Here you will see an option to update the system software.
- Then select install or download option here.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix App
It is important to update the Netflix app from time to time. It is because when you update the app it allows you to resolve bugs and technical glitches.
- Press/hold the center of the touchpad on the Apple TV.
- Now, you will see that the Netflix app will start shaking.
- Press and hold the play/pause button for a few minutes.
- Then select the option to delete the app.
Once this is done you can easily install the Netflix app from the App Store.
Netflix is known to be the most favorite applications in the present era. Users of apple tv enjoy this application as it comes preinstalled and is ready to be used on your home screen. Many users faced issues Netflix not working on apple tv and this is clear that it is not always clear what causes this.
- Check your Wi-Fi
Make sure the issue is not with your internet connection. Just check out the modem and router, in case if it turned off by accident. If everything is well with those, check to see if your apple tv is connected:
- Open the apple tv home screen.
- Click on settings.
- Click on the network.
- In the connection area, see if it says “connected”.
You can call at the apple tv technicians.if you are not able to find the solution to your problem.
- Make Sure you Reinstall the Netflix App
Another thing you can do to get over the issue of Netflix not working on apple tv is by reinstalling the Netflix application. You can simply do the following work to reinstall Netflix app:
- Force and hold the center of your touchpad and the Netflix icon will start to shake.
- Force on the play or pause button.
- Click on the delete button to confirm.
Visit the app store and reinstall Netflix and log in again.
- Updating the Apple TV
There may be times when your software is the one to be blamed. A software issue can make your Netflix app go worse and with updating the apple tv, you can remove your Netflix not working on apple tv issue. Apple tv is something you always wanted to experience; you have your favorite premium channels installed in it.
With thousands of movies to buy or rent, you can enjoy apple tv without any interruption.
Here is how you can do the updating work of firmware:
- Go to the Apple TV home screen.
- Click on Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software.
- Tap on the download and install option, especially if new firmware is present.
- Turn it Off and On Again
As usual, this is a pretty effective way to fix a problem, and it’s often the most overlooked.
- Unplug tv that has been plugged with apple tv
- Leave them unplugged for two minutes or more.
- Plug them both back in.
- Turn them back on.
- Give Netflix another tries.
- Netflix no Sound on Apple TV
Fix Netflix Not Working on Apple TV-At certain times, users have complained about having Netflix no sound on the TV. It can be pretty frustrating but we have some simple and easy fixes right here. Follow these steps if you have no sound on your Netflix on Apple TV:
- Play Another Show or Movie
Play another movie or show to confirm that the sound issue is coming from the Apple TV and not a certain movie/show on Netflix.
- Change your Audio Settings
- Apple TV 2nd and 3rd Generation:
From your Apple TV’s home screen go to Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format > Dolby > Select Auto And then try Netflix again.
- Apple tv 4th generation and apple tv 4k:
Another important step you can take if Netflix not working on apple tv is by visiting settings>video and audio>audio format>change format>use best available.
- Troubleshoot Hardware Connections
Your device may be experiencing a hardware connection issue which is keeping it from working properly. Confirm your connection by following the steps given:
- Assure that you use the HDMI cable
- Attach your equipment directly with tv
- Reverse cable ends.
- Use New HDMI cable
- Use other HDMI port