One can find detailed information about Roku error codes. Roku error code 013 is one of those errors of Roku and it occurs due to Ethernet issues.
Roku error code 013 is a common error code that Roku users face. The complaint forums are filled with questions as to how to fix Roku error code 013, and experts have given different ways of getting rid of this annoying error, but most of those solutions don’t work.
This error occurs because of the ethernet related issue. When you come across this error, the first thing you need to check is: whether the router is working properly or not. This is the same router that is connected to your Roku device.
If you can find issues in the router, then you will have to find a solution for it. The easy and the initial thing you can do is just restart your Roku device.
If you are not able to access the internet on another device besides Roku, then you need to disconnect Ethernet cable, wait for a couple of minutes and connect the cable again.
Follow the Below Steps to Fix Roku Error Code 013:
- If you’ve selected a wrong wireless network name, then you won’t be able to connect to the internet. If you are not sure the Roku player is connected with the right network or not then follow these steps:
- Check your computer or smartphone to determine as to which network you’re connected to.
- If you find it very difficult to see the list of available networks, you should select the option “choose your network” & then select “scan again to see all networks” option.
- If you don’t remember your wireless network name, consult internet service provider or your AlphaTech 247 expert.
- Enter the password for your wireless network, and if it doesn’t work, then re-enter it. Your password could be a case sensitive password. If you don’t know your password, ask your ISP.
- If the username and password of the wireless network are correct, yet Roku device isn’t connecting to the internet network, then the problem could be due to low signal strength. You will have to reposition your router to ensure that the distance between both devices is less. Moreover, the line of sight for the signal should be clear.
- You need to restart your Roku player as well as a router because the problem could be due to any technical issue in either of the devices. If you want to restart the Roku, simply go to settings>system>system restart.
- When you restart the Roku, unplug Roku from the power source and wait for few minutes & plug the device back in power mains.
If the issue still Roku error code 013 persists, then you need to take the help of HelpTechLine support executives. We are available in your service for 24 hours and 7 days.
You will get the support for streaming devices like apple tv, fire tv, Roku, IoT devices like Amazon echo, mobile and tablet support for Kindle, printer support for hp, canon, brother, etc.