Why has My Xfinity Remote Stopped Working? Problem Solved 2020
Are you having issues while using Xfinity? Is it because the Xfinity remote stopped working? Well, it is quite common to experience problems while using the Xfinity remote.
So do not worry as this problem can be easily fixed by following the basic troubleshooting solutions mentioned here.
Xfinity is a trading name under Comcast communication and is quite popular in the market for selling television, internet, telecommunication, and wireless service products.
However, over the years many users have complained about facing issues with the Xfinity remote. In case, you are facing a similar problem then do not worry and follow the basic troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue.
If you are new and not tech-savvy then get in touch with the technical support team for help.
Why is Xfinity Remote not Working?
There are several reasons why you may come across Xfinity remote stopped working issue. But here we have mentioned some of the most basic reasons that may result in the problem.
- Usually, if there is an issue with the Xfinity remote then the first thing you need to check is the batteries. If the batteries are dead then the remote just won’t work.
- If there is an issue with the app or any communication issue then you may face problems while using the device.
- If you have got a new remote then you need to program it with the device otherwise it will show errors and issues.
- Lastly, make sure to check the remote is not damaged or broken.
If these are the reasons why you are facing an issue with the Xfinity remote then make sure to resolve it accordingly. However, here we have mentioned a few things that you need to note down.
Programming and Resetting the Remote
When you buy a new remote then you need to set the remote with the device for it to work properly. But if you have already programmed and then come across Xfinity remote stopped working issue.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to reset the remote.
For XR 15 Remote:
- Press and hold the I + Xfinity button on the remote.
- Then you will see a code on the screen.
- Then enter the code using the remote and then wait for a few minutes.
- Now the TV will prompt for verification. Then press the ok button and then choose the yes button.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and keep pressing the button using the remote.
- Now check if the problem with the remote is resolved or not.
For XR 11 Remote:
- Press and hold the setup button and wait until you see the red light change to green color.
- Then on the remote press A.
If the steps mentioned above are not able to resolve the Xfinity remote stopped working problem then there are chances of having a problem with the Xfinity box. So, you need to reset it to fix the issue.
Steps to Reset the Xfinity Box
There are chances that the remote and the Xfinity set-top box are not able to communicate with each other. So, to fix this issue you need to reset the device. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds.
- If this does not work you can go to the Xfinity account app and then reset the box. But make sure you perform a long reset on the app and not the short one.
Though Xfinity is a popular device under Comcast Communication many times the users may have to face issues while using it. One such problem is Xfinity remote stopped working which can occur because of numerous reasons.
However, dead batteries and remote unable to communicate with the Xfinity box are the most common ones. If you are facing a similar issue then follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog, to resolve the issue.
But if nothing seems to work and you are stuck in between the steps then we recommend getting in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance. The technicians will guide and assist you step by step to resolve the problem immediately.